The attorneys of Ruppert & Schaefer, P.C., devote their practice to divorce and other family law matters. This concentration enables our clients to move forward in their lives in an efficient and positive manner.
A divorce settlement resolves important child custody, property division, and other matters in ways that reflect the circumstances of the parties at the time of the divorce. But over time these circumstances change. When this occurs, it may require modifications to previously settled matters.
The list of post-divorce issues that can arise is long. For example:
• A payer of child support may experience a long period of unemployment or a disability that greatly affects his or
• A parent’s work schedule may change and require a modification in parenting time.
• A child’s desire to go to college may require the parents to revisit their financial arrangements.
• A child may require life insurance coverage or long-term medical care.
• A child may seek to marry or enter the service, requiring his or her emancipation.
• A change in custody arrangements may affect the ability to claim a child as a dependent for tax purposes.
Divorce and Family Lawyers, Child Custody Lawyers, Divorce Lawyers serving Carmel, and the Indianapolis Northside.