Protecting Your Rights After the Divorce
A divorce settlement resolves important child custody, property division, and other matters in ways that reflect the circumstances of the parties at the time of the divorce. But over time these circumstances can change. When this occurs, it may require modifications to previously settled matters.
Ruppert & Schaefer, P.C., works with clients over time to ensure that their rights and interests are protected. When a modification in custody, parenting time, visitation rights or child support is required, we can help. We also advise and represent clients in post-divorce matters involving college education for children and emancipation.
Ruppert & Schaefer, P.C., can provide sound advice in these and other issues. Call 317-660-8150 to arrange for a consultation.
The list of post-divorce issues that can arise is long. For example:
- A payor of child support may experience a long period of unemployment or a disability that greatly affects his or her income.
- A parent’s work schedule may change and require a modification in parenting time.
- A child’s desire to go to college may require the parents to revisit their financial arrangements.
- A child may require long-term medical care.
- A child may seek to marry or enter the service, causing his or her emancipation.
- A change in custody arrangements may affect the ability to claim a child as a dependent for tax purposes.
- A parent may seek to relocate to a new geographic location with a child.
Routine and Complex Modifications
As you can see, the list of potential post-divorce issues is as varied as the families facing these issues. Our lawyers can advise and represent you in all of these matters. Whether the issue is simple or complex, Ruppert & Schaefer, P.C., can provide guidance and answers.
For a consultation with an attorney at Ruppert & Schaefer, P.C., in Indianapolis, Indiana, call 317-660-8150 or contact us online.